MBA Recognizes 30 New Certified Mortgage Banker Graduates
|(202) 557- 2727|
BOSTON, MA (October 23, 2016) - MBA Education, the award-winning education division of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), recognized 30 individuals who earned the Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) designation at a ceremony held at MBA's 103rd Annual Convention & Expo in Boston, MA. Earning one's CMB is the highest professional honor within the real estate finance industry.
The 30 CMBs who received their designations this past calendar year will join a group of more than 1,200 industry professionals who have proven their commitment to excellence within the mortgage banking industry.
"The CMB accreditation represents a real estate professional's commitment to excellence and dedication towards the industry," said Rodrigo López, CMB, MBA Chairman and Executive Chairman of NorthMarq Capital. "As a CMB myself, I know the hard work that goes into earning the credential. I congratulate all of our recipients and wish them continued success in the years ahead."
CMB candidates must acquire 150 points earned through a combination of professional experience, secondary education, continuing education through MBA-sponsored events and MBA Education courses, as well as participation in MBA at the local, state and/or national level. After accumulating the required points and passing a comprehensive written exam, candidates must demonstrate industry knowledge by passing an oral exam conducted by a panel of CMBs.
"I join MBA Chairman Rodrigo López in recognizing the dedication demonstrated by this year's CMB graduates for achieving this professional milestone," said Peter Grace, MBA's Senior Vice President of Strategy & Member Services. "The CMB designation confers a set of skills that will serve them well throughout their careers."
Candidates have the option of choosing among the Commercial CMB, Residential CMB or Master CMB designations. The Master CMB is a combination of both commercial and residential mortgage banking disciplines, while the Residential CMB and Commercial CMB focus on their respective subfields of the mortgage industry.
In June 2009, MBA launched the Executive Certified Mortgage Banker program. Designed for busy professionals, this program allows candidates to substitute their real-world knowledge and experience for many of the educational requirements of the CMB program.
In order to be eligible for the CMB designation, candidates must either work for an MBA member company or be a member of a recognized state MBA. Every candidate for an Executive CMB is required to have a minimum of 10 years of experience in real estate finance and hold a senior management position at an MBA member company.
MBA Education awarded the following industry professionals with the CMB designation from November 2015 to October 2016:
Residential CMB Designees
- Rebecca Almstrom, CMB, AMP: Assistant Vice President - Correspondent Client Services, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - Minneapolis, MN
- Katie Barulsen, CMB: Assistant Vice President - Operational Compliance, Crescent Mortgage Company - Atlanta, GA
- Karl Benjamin, CMB: Vice President, Wholesale/Correspondent Lending, Annie Mac - Phoenix, AZ
- Russell Brady, CMB: Vice President - Secondary Markets, Elevations Credit Union - Boulder, CO
- David Bridges, CMB, AMP: Branch Manager, First Heritage Mortgage, LLC - Fairfax, VA
Curt Byers, CMB: First Vice President, Kinecta Federal Credit Union - Manhattan Beach, CA
- Ellysa Cummings, CMB: Chief Operating Officer, Marketplace Home Mortgage - Edina, MI
- Vance Edwards, CMB, AMP: Marketing Program Director, Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation (MGIC) - Milwaukee, WI
- Deborah Goguen-Ellis, CMB: Mid-Atlantic Regional Sales Manager, Paramount Residential Mortgage Group - Vienna, VA
- Marie Jaspers, CMB AMP: Assistant Vice President - Client Service Consultant, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - Des Moines, IA
- Jeffrey Long, CMB, AMP: Director - Institutional Sales, Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago - Chicago, IL
- Dave Loyst, CMB: Senior Vice President - Financial Institutions Group, Stearns Lending, LLC - Costa Mesa, CA
- Darren MacDonald, CMB, AMP: Assistant Vice President, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - Minneapolis, MN
- Moe Mansouri, CMB: Managing Director - Retail Division, First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation - Tysons Corner, VA
- Robert S. Niemi, CMB: Financial Services Regulatory & Compliance Senior Advisor, BakerHostetler, LLP - Columbus, OH
- Nick Pabarcus, CMB, AMP: Senior Vice President - Correspondent Lending, Stearns Lending, LLC - Costa Mesa, CA
- Michael D. Paul, CMB: Director - National Accounts, Credit Plus, Inc. - Raleigh, NC
- Juan Rodas, CMB: Senior Vice President - Secondary Marketing, First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation - Tysons Corner, VA
- Jason Sasena, CMB: Senior Vice President - Residential Mortgage, Kinecta Federal Credit Union - Manhattan Beach, CA
- David Stagnitti, CMB: Vice President - Corporate Accounts, Genworth Mortgage Insurance - Petersburgh, NY
- Teresa Talavera-King, CMB, AMP: Assistant Vice President, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - Murrieta, CA
- Nancy Tomich, CMB: Senior Vice President, Astoria Bank - Mineola, NY
- Nathan P. Vogt, CMB: Senior Vice President - Director of Mortgage Operations & Investor Markets, Associated Bank - Green Bay, WI
- Jennifer R. Whip, CMB: Managing Director, Garrett, McAuley & Co. - Southeastern, PA
CMB Designees from the Executive Certified Mortgage Banker Program
- Nathan J. Burch, CMB: President, McLean Mortgage Corporation - Fairfax, VA
Allison Johnston, CMB: Chief Operating Officer, Success Mortgage Partners, Inc. - Plymouth, MI
- Alexander Jung, CMB, AMP: Executive Vice President, BB&T - Greensboro, NC
- Clint Morgan, CMB: Senior Vice President, Ruoff Home Mortgage - Fort Wayne, IN
- Michael T. Paul, CMB: Managing Partner, Direct Mortgage Loans, LLC - Baltimore, MD
- Jeffrey M. Schummer, CMB: Vice President - Education Business Development, Mortgage Bankers Association - Washington, DC