MBA Recognizes 22 New Certified Mortgage Banker Graduates
|Adam De Sanctis|
|(202) 557- 2727|
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 14, 2018) - MBA Education, the award-winning education division of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), recognized 22 individuals who earned the Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB®) designation at a ceremony held at MBA's 2018 Annual Convention & Expo in Washington, D.C. The CMB designation is the highest professional honor within the real estate finance industry.
The 22 CMBs who received their designations this past calendar year will join a group of more than 1,300 industry professionals who have proven their commitment to excellence within the mortgage banking industry.
"Earning the CMB accreditation is a significant accomplishment and I congratulate all of this year's recipients," said Chris George, 2019 MBA Chairman, and Founder, President and CEO of CMG Financial. "The CMB designation unquestionably highlights a real estate professional's commitment to excellence and dedication toward the industry. I wish our graduates continued career success in the years ahead."
CMB candidates must acquire 150 points earned through a combination of professional experience, secondary education, and continuing education through MBA-sponsored events and MBA Education courses, as well as participation in MBA at the local, state and/or national level. After accumulating the required points and passing a comprehensive written exam, candidates must demonstrate industry knowledge by passing an oral exam conducted by a panel of CMBs.
Candidates have the option of choosing among the Residential CMB or Master CMB designations. The Master CMB is a combination of both commercial and residential mortgage banking disciplines, while the Residential CMB focuses on the single-family subfield of the mortgage industry.
In June 2009, MBA launched the Executive Certified Mortgage Banker program. Designed for busy professionals, this program allows candidates to substitute their real-world knowledge and experience for many of the educational requirements of the CMB program.
In order to be eligible for the CMB designation, candidates must either work for an MBA member company or be a member of a recognized state MBA. Every candidate for an Executive CMB is required to have a minimum of 10 years of executive-level experience in real estate finance and hold a senior management or executive level position at a MBA member company.
MBA Education awarded the following industry professionals with the CMB designation from November 2017 to October 2018: Residential CMB Designees
- Jake Belter, CMB, AMP: Account Manager, Arch Mortgage Insurance Company - Birmingham, AL
- Charles John Briseno, CMB: Loss Mitigation Supervisor, James B. Nutter & Company - Kansas City, MO
- Christopher Bruner, CMB, AMP: Managing Principal, Fiserv - Brookfield, WI
- James Chatman, CMB, AMP: Account Executive, Freddie Mac - McLean, VA
- Mark Dennis, CMB: Senior Vice President, Mortgage Production Manager, Legacy Texas Bank - Fort Worth, TX
- Nicholas Fragale, CMB: Principal, Solution Sales, CoreLogic - Irvine, CA
- Jason Gautreau, CMB, AMP: Executive Vice President of Production, Graystone Mortgage LLC -Salt Lake City, UT
- Kelley Grealis, CMB: Chief Compliance Officer, Union Home Mortgage - Strongsville, OH
- Tara Healy, CMB, CML: Assistant Vice President - Compliance, Cherry Creek Mortgage Company - Greenwood, CO
- Mindy Hill, CMB, AMP: Senior Vice President, Director of Mortgage Operations, IBERIABANK Mortgage Company - Birmingham, AL
- Peter Hurst, CMB: Senior Vice President, National Accounts, Genworth Mortgage Insurance -Raleigh, NC
- Rick McKinley, CMB: Vice President, Crescent Mortgage Company - Minneapolis, MN
- Stacy Mohr, CMB, CMS: Senior Vice President, Capital Markets, Mountain West Financial - Redlands, CA
- Brian Neumann, CMB, AMP: AVP - Client Service Consultant, Wells Fargo Funding - Lakeville, MN
- Fred Quick, CMB, AMP: Executive Vice President, The Money Source Inc. - Phoenix, AZ
- Timothy Remington, CMB: VP, MSR Transaction Manager, PNC Bank, N.A. - Little Rock, AR
- Sara Campbell Taylor, CMB: Executive Advisory Consultant, Teraverde Management Advisors - Chadds Ford, PA
- Kimberly Woodcock, CMB: Compliance and Risk Officer, The Mortgage Company - Centennial, CO
- Angel Zarecky, MBA, CMB: Secondary Marketing Manager, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency - Harrisburg, PA
CMB Designees from the Executive Certified Mortgage Banker Program
- Brian DeJong, CMB: Chief Operating Officer, Axia Home Loans - Bellevue, WA
- Jim Hensley, CMB: National Account Executive, Property Sciences - Cumming, GA
- Olivia Ruth Lee, CMB: Executive Vice President, MorVest Capital, LLC - Lakewood, CO