MBA Announces Two Affordable Housing Advisory Councils
WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 7, 2019) - The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) announced today the formation of two advisory councils as part of its new affordable housing initiative. Unveiled in June, MBA's initiative was created to help develop stronger and more effective affordable housing partnerships in both the policy and business arenas. The objective of these partnerships will be to promote more sustainable, affordable homes for purchase and rental for underserved people and communities, especially minorities and low-to-moderate-income Americans.
The role of the councils will be to support the MBA affordable housing initiative in the form of advice, feedback, and ideas related to where MBA should focus its resources to be most impactful, including new business approaches, data and research, public policy, and strategic partnerships. MBA and the councils will seek and welcome ideas and input from stakeholders interested in working to identify solutions to the nation's affordable housing crisis. Each council consists of representatives from MBA member companies reflecting a cross-section of business models, company sizes and ownership structures.
"In order to identify, develop, and execute successful affordable housing partnerships, we need to utilize the expertise and talents of a diverse array of industry professionals," said Steve O'Connor, MBA's Senior Vice President of Affordable Housing Initiatives. "I am grateful that these executives are willing to give some of their time to make sure MBA's efforts reflect the best thinking and have the highest chances of success."
Members of MBA's Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council -
- Christine Chandler, M&T Realty Capital Corporation (Co-Chair)
- Tony Love, Bellwether Enterprise Real Estate Capital, LLC. (Co-Chair)
- Mark Beisler, Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital
- Jonathan Camps, Love Funding Corporation
- Hal Collett, PGIM Real Estate Finance
- Michael Dury, Merchants Capital Corp.
- Steve Ervin, Berkadia
- Sarah Garland, CBRE Capital Markets
- John Gilmore, Walker & Dunlop
- Pharrah Jackson, Greystone
- Hyung Kim, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Shekar Narasimhan, Beekman Advisors, Inc.
- Tracy Peters, Red Mortgage Capital, a division of ORIX Real Estate Capital
- Bob Stout, Churchill Stateside Group
- Paul Weissman, Hunt Real Estate Capital
Members of MBA's Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council -
- Kristy Fercho, Flagstar Bank (Co-Chair)
- Eddy Perez, Equity Prime Mortgage (Co-Chair)
- Patty Arvielo, New American Funding
- David Battany, Guild Mortgage
- Gary Clark, Sierra Pacific Mortgage Company
- Geoffrey Cooper, Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corp. (MGIC)
- John Gaines, Arch MI
- Joseph Gutierrez, Union Bank
- Nikki Holsopple, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Jason Madiedo, Alterra Home Loans
- Lenny McNeill, US Bank
- Jay Plum, Huntington National Bank
- Jeremy Potter, Quicken Loans, Inc.
- Michelle Swindell, Bank of America
- Miguel Vega, First Community Mortgage
- Rita Ventresca, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Mark Vinciguerra, Union Home Mortgage Corp.
- Dianne Wasson, HomeStreet Bank
- Anthony Weekly, SunTrust Bank
- Fowler Williams, Crescent Mortgage Company