MISMO Announces 2021 Board of Directors
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Janauary 11, 2021) - MISMO today announced its Board of Directors for 2021. MISMO, which is a subsidiary of and managed by the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), is the mortgage industry's standards organization working to enable the industry to speak the same language.
"MISMO is a driving force in transforming the mortgage industry to a digital world, and its 2021 board is well-equipped to steer the organization toward this future," said Robert D. Broeksmit, CMB, MBA President and CEO. "MBA fully supports MISMO as it works to standardize data and information through industrywide collaboration." MISMO board members represent a cross-section of the residential and commercial real estate finance industry. Board members are responsible for overseeing MISMO's activities and serve two-year terms. MBA appoints all directors and chairpersons. MISMO committee chairs serve as ex-officio representatives on the MISMO board.
"MISMO's 2021 Board of Directors includes an impressive group of top executives from across the mortgage industry who are committed to our leadership role as the central point for collaboration among a diverse array of mortgage ecosystem participants," said Seth Appleton, President, MISMO. "This is an all-star team that will work towards real solutions to some of the industry's toughest challenges as we increase our efforts to create a more seamless and productive digital future."
The MISMO Board of Directors will continue to be chaired by Kurt Pfotenhauer, Vice Chairman, First American Financial Corporation.
The new members of the MISMO board are:
- Gary Clark, Chief Operating Officer, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
- Vicki Chenault, Executive, Collateral Solutions Group, CoreLogic
- Jim Follette, Senior Managing Director and Chief Mortgage Fulfillment Officer, PennyMac
- John Hedlund, Chief Operating Officer and Managing Director, Amerihome
- Jeff Hurley, Senior Managing Director, CBRE
- Chad Powers, Senior Vice President, Black Knight
- Eric Ray, Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Digital Officer, Radian
- Tony Renzi, Chief Executive Officer, Common Securitization Solutions
- Matt Rider, Chief Information Officer of Home Lending Technology, Wells Fargo
- Michael Wood, Credit Risk Executive, Bank of America
- Brian Woodring, Chief Information Officer, Quicken Loans
The returning members of the MISMO board are:
- Jeff Bode, President, MidAmerica Mortgage
- Mike Fratantoni, Chief Economist, Senior VP of Research and Technology, MBA
- Chris McEntee, Vice President, ICE Mortgage Technology
- Kurt Pfotenhauer, Vice Chairman, First American Financial Corporation
- Steve Powel, Executive Chairman, SitusAMC
- Sam Oliver, Vice President, Single Family Product Delivery, Freddie Mac
- Erik Schmitt, Product and Innovation Executive, Chase
- Steven Smith, Co-founder & CEO, Finicity
- Chuck Walker, Vice President, Digital Alliances & Technology Integration, Fannie Mae
"We have updated the MISMO governance structure and bylaws to more accurately represent MISMO's impact and influence as a strategic and collaborative resource for the mortgage finance industry," said Pfotenhauer. "These enhancements help the MISMO board represent the key stakeholders across the industry that are actively involved with creating and deploying MISMO standards and initiatives."
The updated MISMO bylaws include the creation of five additional board seats, new board composition parameters, and the addition of three board oversight committees. These changes will ensure that MISMO is focused on addressing the highest priority business challenges of the mortgage ecosystem.
MISMO recently surpassed 200 member companies, a record high, and currently manages multiple workgroups focused on closing instructions, eMortgages, remote online notarizations, servicing transfers, an industry loan application dataset, residential appraisals, and more. For more information about MISMO, visit www.mismo.org.