CONVERGENCE COVID-19 Resources
In This Section
More about CONVERGENCE
CONVERGENCE is MBA's growing Affordable Housing Initiative. CONVERGENCE promotes more sustainable, affordable homes for purchase and rental for underserved people and communities, especially minorities and low-to-moderate-income Americans.
In the COVID-19 era, we want to help by providing access to reliable information to support affordable housing opportunities for renters and homeowners in low-income communities. Through CONVERGENCE, MBA's Affordable Housing Initiative, below you can find up to date information on the various resources and policy changes that are designed to help address housing challenges that are exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic. CONVERGENCE is a national effort to systematically address the affordability challenges and the inevitable demographics of our nation in order to help people and communities while also positioning the real estate finance industry for success in the future housing market.
These websites have curated information on the responses to the COVID-19 spread at the national level and, in particular, to those working in the affordable housing community. This section provides access to information most relevant to lenders, developers, owners, public officials, community development practitioners, and borrowers and renters.
- White House/CDC/FEMA
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- National Housing Conference
- Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies
- National Low-Income Housing Coalition
- Enterprise Community Partners
- Local Housing Solutions
- Consumer Finance Mortgage Relief Options
- Federal Housing Finance Agency
Local Memphis Resources
MBA and the Tennesse Housing Development Agency have partnered together to increase African American homeownership in Memphis, Tennessee - referred to as CONVERGENCE Memphis. CONVERGENCE Memphis is moving the needle on African American home ownership in specific communities by amplifying existing local resources and deploying additional national and state resources.
These websites are equipped with information on available resources for those working in the housing and community development sector in Memphis as well as the homeowners and renters who reside there.
- Tennessee Housing Development Agency (Information on state programs and resources)
- Shelby County Health Department (Comprehensive information on Covid-19 in the community)
- City of Memphis (Information on city programs and resources)
- High Ground News (Memphis coronavirus resource guide)
- Epicenter (Small business focus)
- Welcome Home Memphis (Housing resources for families)