CONVERGENCE Memphis: Homebuyer Fairs
In This Section
CONVERGENCE Memphis Virtual Homebuyer Fairs
In Partnership with the Tennessee Housing Development Agency
November 17 & December 8
Thinking about becoming a homeowner? Get all of your questions answered by the experts by attending these virtual Homebuyer Fairs. You will hear many different opportunities for Homeownership. These homebuyer fairs will feature classes that include information on down payment assistance, steps to becoming a homeowner and post-homebuying maintenance. Do not miss this opportunity while interest rates are at a historical low.
Who Should Attend: Residents in the Memphis area who are in the market to purchase a home.
|Schedule||Central Time (CT)||Eastern Time (ET)|
|Opening Panel||5:00-5:30 pm||6:00-6:30 pm|
|Breakout Sessions Part 1||5:30-6:30 pm||6:30-7:30 pm|
|Intermission||6:30-6:40 pm||6:30-6:40 pm|
|Breakout Sessions Part 2||6:40-7:40 pm||7:40-8:40 pm|
|Closing Panel||7:40-8:00 pm||8:40-9:00 pm|
Breakout Sessions Topics:
Attendees will be able to choose two of the breakout sessions below:
- Current Market Matters - Learn what to expect and how to prepare for homebuying during a pandemic.
- Knowing Your Financial Options - Gain information on down payment products, mortgage assistance, and first time buyer programs.
- The Dos and Don'ts of Lending - Hear from local lenders on how to navigate and locate the necessary resources for buying a home in Memphis.
- The Steps to Homeownership - Learn the 8 steps of homeownership from local REALTORS, to help make the homebuying process a breeze.
- Investor's Forum on Multifamily Housing for Millennials - If you are ready to buy a home, but not ready for a single family home, then attending this session is for you.
- Preservation of Homeownership - Learn the fundamentals about wealth building, maintaining a home, post-homebuying maintenance, inspections and weatherization.
- Real Estate and Mortgage Highway - Join this session to learn more about the possible paths to careers in mortgage banking and real estate.
- Closing on Your Loan and Protecting Your Investment - Learn about how to close your loan and protect your purchase.
CONVERGENCE Memphis: Upcoming Events
Save the Date: Virtual Career Fair | January 12 | 4-7 pm CT/5-8 pm ET
Interested in a career in real estate finance? Get ready to share your resume with recruiters and learn about exciting career opportunities with leaders in the industry.