Fannie/Freddie Policies and Programs
The GSEs continue to serve as the underpinnings of much of the secondary market, even as efforts to reform them and bring an end to conservatorship remain ongoing.
Resolving the status of the GSEs, now having exceeded a decade of conservatorship, is the final piece of unfinished business following the financial crisis. MBA supports comprehensive legislative reforms that would fix the structural flaws of the GSEs' pre-crisis business models while preserving what works in the market today. Meanwhile, MBA continues to advocate for transparent GSE policies that promote liquidity while ensuring fair and equal access to the secondary market for lenders of all sizes and types.
MBA Now: MBA Chairman Rodrigo Lopez on GSE Reform
Recent MBA Activity Related to Fannie/Freddie Policies and Programs
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on GSE Credit Score Models (March 21, 2019)
- Joint Trades Letter: Coalition to OCC on Administrative Reforms to GSEs (March 1, 2019)
- Letter: Mark Calabria nomination for FHFA Director (February 13, 2019)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on Uniform Mortgage-Backed Security (November 16, 2018)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on Enterprise Capital Requirements (November 16, 2018)