Fannie/Freddie Policies and Programs
The GSEs continue to serve as the underpinnings of much of the secondary market, even as efforts to reform them and bring an end to conservatorship remain ongoing.
Resolving the status of the GSEs, now having exceeded a decade of conservatorship, is the final piece of unfinished business following the financial crisis. MBA supports comprehensive legislative reforms that would fix the structural flaws of the GSEs' pre-crisis business models while preserving what works in the market today. Meanwhile, MBA continues to advocate for transparent GSE policies that promote liquidity while ensuring fair and equal access to the secondary market for lenders of all sizes and types.
MBA Now: MBA Chairman Rodrigo Lopez on GSE Reform
Recent MBA Activity Related to Fannie/Freddie Policies and Programs
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on GSE Resolution Planning (March 9, 2021)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on GSE Liquidity Framework (March 9, 2021)
- Comment Letter: MBA Response to FHFA RFI on Appraisal Issues (February 26, 2021)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on Enterprise Housing Goals ANPR (February 23, 2021)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on New Enterprise Products and Activities (January 8, 2021)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on 2021 Enterprise Housing Goals (October 13, 2020)
- Comment Letter: MBA to FHFA on 2021 - 2024 Strategic Plan (October 5, 2020)
- Comment Letter: MBA Letter to FHFA on GSE Capital Framework (August 31, 2020)
- Joint Trades Letter: Coalition to FHFA on GSE Treatment of PACE Programs (March 16, 2020)