Accounting and Financial Management Conference
MBA's Accounting & Financial Management Conference 2019 (AFM19) brings together leading authorities in real estate finance to share critical business intelligence, insights and best practices. This conference is designed to help you take control and make a significant impact in your role as a finance or accounting professional.
This is an important event for all those invested in the residential mortgage industry and/or commercial/multifamily real estate finance (CREF). From C-suite executives and tax and accounting managers, to financial analysts, auditors and CPAs - AFM19 offers you the opportunity to learn proven approaches and address evolving accounting, regulatory and financial management challenges. In addition, this event offers you the opportunity to earn CPE credits to meet annual CPA licensing requirements.
AFM19 is tailored to the educational needs of accounting and finance professionals in the role of:
- CEO, CFO, COO
- Financial Analyst
- Finance or Accounting Director
- Internal and Independent Auditor
- Accounting Policy Manager
- Tax Manager
- Accounting/Tax Expert
- Technology Professional
- CPAs or other professionals looking to earn CPE credits by the end of the year
New This Year
MBA's Path to Diversity Scholarship - You may be eligible for a $2,000 voucher to use towards your conference registration fee. See if you meet eligibility requirements.
Earn CPE Credits: You can earn additional CPE credits before the end of the year at AFM19.
The Mortgage Bankers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors at: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Prerequisites: Does not require any prerequisites
Program Level: Basic - MBA conference sessions are developed at the knowledge level appropriate to the topic, based on mortgage industry standards to include level "Basic."
Fields of Study: Specialized Knowledge, Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Tax
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group Live
- Apply current accounting principles to mortgage banking companies, including MSR accounting and valuation, pipeline management, hedge accounting, accounting for credit losses and the classification and measurement of financial instruments.
- Ascertain the mortgage market operating environment via economic and financial performance, risk management and regulatory discussions.
- Learn about different approaches to financial management from mortgage company CFOs.
- Explore cash and balance sheet management strategies, including finding capital sources, financing assets, ensuring liquidity and capital adequacy.
- Review best execution alternatives, including servicing retained vs. servicing released, portfolio vs. sale to others and whole loan sales vs. agency sales.
- Learn about technology solutions for finance professionals and how technology - including business intelligence, robotics and predictive analytics tools - shapes financial management and reporting.