Fundamentals of Mortgage Banking for Secondary Marketing Professionals
|Before April 3, 2023||After April 3, 2023|
About the Event
Join MBA Education for a virtual workshop tailored specifically for Secondary Marketing professionals working at residential mortgage lenders and servicers. This interactive discussion will help ensure attendees understand the current mortgage lending environment and the critical elements of the loan lifecycle. Once the foundation is set, industry experts will provide an update on where the industry stands after a tumultuous couple of years. In just a short period of time, standard business assumptions and processes have completely been disrupted and this will be your opportunity to bring clarity to everything that has transpired.
The second part of the workshop will be a conversation on the issues and potential hurdles facing the mortgage industry and consumer in the coming year and how you can help support and prepare your organization. Attendees will be provided a list of what to keep in mind, but will also be asked to bring their questions and share with the others in the class the question of “what is keeping you up at night”. Whether you are a conference attendee or not, this will be a great opportunity to network with your industry peers and gain key insights that pertain specifically to your line of work and business model.
* In order to make the last part of this workshop most beneficial to all attendees, please email Danielle Jackson with questions or concerns you would like to be addressed.
Monday, May 15 (10:00 AM - 3:00 PM ET)
Attendees should expect to:
- Review the basic components of residential mortgage servicing, lifecycle, key industry players, and how money is made and lost
- The important role of secondary marketing professionals in the success of an organization
- Identify the differences (and similarities) between depository and non-depository secondary marketing practices
- Consider the unique issues facing secondary marketing departments as a result of the increase in expenses associated with originations and the significant rate increases which began in early 2021
- Discuss issues keeping secondary marketing professionals up at night and address common problems encountered by all attendees
Who Should Attend?
- Secondary Marketing professionals
- Pat Taylor, New Directions Consulting Services
- Allison Johnston, President, Success Mortgage Partners, Inc.
- The workshop will be divided into four parts, with short breaks and a lunch break.
Special Pricing & Discounts:
If you are attending the Secondary and Capital Markets Conference and Expo, this workshop is available for $50. Please email [email protected] for this discount.
For mPact members, use promo code MPACTVW150 to receive this workshop for $150.
For Education Pro and Premium subscribers, this workshop is complimentary with your subscription! Please email Shawn McGory to take advantage of this benefit. Contact Jeff Schummer to learn more about Education Advantage!