School of Mortgage Banking II: July 2023: Washington D.C.
|Before May 30, 2023||After May 30, 2023|
About the Event
MBA Education’s School of Mortgage Banking II analyzes managing profitability and risk in mortgage banking. It emphasizes effective organization and management of the production, servicing and secondary marketing departments for the purpose of controlling risks and maximizing bottom-line profits. This course covers developing new markets, production management, servicing portfolio management and valuation, marketing risk management and pricing strategy.
Note: Students who intend to acquire their AMP designation need to first complete SOMB I and pass the exam, then complete SOMB II and pass the exam. Students who are not working toward AMP designations do not need complete SOMB I to enroll in SOMB II.
- Technology: Drivers and Choices
- Profitable Production Management
- Secondary Marketing Revisited
- MBSs & CMOs
- The Art & Science of Pricing
- Pipeline Hedging
- Servicing Portfolio Valuation
- Each session of the School of Mortgage Banking II is taught by an industry professional considered a thought leader by MBA and other subject matter experts in that area of mortgage lending. Click to read about MBA's School of Mortgage Banking II instructors.
- Individuals interested in taking an in-depth look at managing profitability and risk in the residential mortgage lending industry
- Individuals interested in obtaining the AMP or the CMB designation
- Mortgage professionals in any role in the residential mortgage industry
- Tuesday, July 11 (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Wednesday, July 12 (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Thursday, July 13 (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Friday, July 14 (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM)
Breakfast will be served at 8:00 AM ET and lunch will be served at 12:00 PM ET.
1100 15th St NW
Washington DC, 20005
*Location subject to change
Hotel Registration Information:
MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here.
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.
Your organization can get two complimentary seats to this class with an Education Advantage subscription! Contact Jeff Schummer to learn more about Education Advantage!
FOR IN-PERSON EVENTS:
By registering for this event, you have agreed to MBA’s COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS. If you do not agree to the MBA's COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS, please contact [email protected] immediately upon receipt of this confirmation, as the COVID-19 LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS is currently required for in-person attendance.
By registering for this event, you also have agreed that you will at all times during this event abide by the MBA EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT. You should familiarize yourself with this policy before attending the event as violations of the MBA EVENT CODE OF CONDUT may result in removal from or denial of access to the MBA sponsored event without a refund of registration fees, or disqualification from attendance at future MBA events.