Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2024
About the Event
This webinar is part of MBA Education's Garrett, McAuley & Co. Mortgage Banking Management Webinar Series.
Most of us didn’t expect 2023 to be worse than 2022, but the second half of 2023 may be the worst period for the industry -- ever. Volumes are relatively low, pricing and gain on sale margins remain poor, staff layoffs never seem to achieve breakeven, and the vast majority of the industry continues to lose money. And yet…some companies are profitable on originations, and there are signs of hope in the industry.
Nightmares eventually end, and now is the right time to take steps to improve your business, before 2024 starts and while you can make a real difference. This popular webinar will provide participants with a new Top Ten list of strategic initiatives that all mortgage bankers should implement in 2024. These very specific and actionable suggestions will help you and your team focus on what will increase revenues, control costs, and better manage risk, not only in 2024 but also every year thereafter. They are all things you can start to work on right away.
Tuesday, December 12 (1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET)
- How the top performers prepare for and deal with shrinking volumes and margins
- How to think about different strategies for downturns, such as downsizing, mergers and acquisitions, hibernation, and shutdowns
- Why your team should set key business goals and initiatives for management to achieve in 2024
- Ten concrete, practical suggestions for the coming year related to investor relationships, financial management, compliance, and operational performance
- The right and wrong ways to implement our Top Ten suggestions, including how to avoid the mistakes of the poor performers
- Senior Officers of Mortgage Companies, including Owners, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, and Operations Managers
- Warehouse Lenders
- Bank CEOs and CFOs
- Directors and Major Shareholders of Banks and Mortgage Companies
- Private Equity Managers and Industry Analysts
- Joseph Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.