Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) Prep Course: January 2024
|Before December 8, 2023||After December 8, 2023|
About the Event
This course is only available to individuals who are enrolled in the Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) program, and is recommended for those candidates who are close to, or have already met, their point requirements and are in the process of finalizing their exam preparation. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER UNTIL CONFIRMING ELIGIBILITY. Contact Teresa Ferman at [email protected] for more information.
The Residential CMB Online Prep Course is a seven-week instructor-guided web-based course designed to prepare Residential CMB candidates for the written exam. The course is taught by CMB designees and is offered in a blend of self-study and webinar format. A kick-off call plus six additional weekly webinar meetings, held on Friday afternoons, allow for the participants to interact with the instructors and each other. Each week, candidates are given resources and assignments related to a particular area of the exam to review and complete before the Friday webinar. Some of the assignments are self-graded; for other assignments, CMB instructors who are experts in that week’s topic area will provide individual feedback. Each week concludes with a section wrap up call for one (1) hour each Friday. During the weekly webinar, the instructors answer questions that have come up in the homework and talk through additional practice questions. The final webinar is an extended 90-minute session that covers the final topic and provides a detailed overview of the written and oral exams.
- Origination and Underwriting
- Loan Administration
- Marketing and Investor Relations
- Financial Management and Strategy
- Real Estate Law and Regulations
- Comprehensive Industry Issues
- Instructor-Guided Online Course
- CMB Candidates who have met all point requirements and are in the final stages of exam preparation
Course Kick Off/Introduction:
- Friday, January 12 (2:00 - 3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, January 19 (2:00 - 3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, January 26 (2:00 - 3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, February 2 (2:00 - 3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, February 9 (2:00 - 3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, February 16 (2:00 - 3:00 PM ET)
- Friday, February 23 (2:00 - 3:30 PM ET)
** Webinars may vary in duration depending on the subject matter**
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.
Your organization can get two complimentary seats to this class with an Education Advantage subscription! Contact Jeff Schummer to learn more about Education Advantage!