School of Mortgage Banking I: April 2024: Nashville, TN
|By March 27, 2024||After March 27, 2024|
About the Event
MBA Education’s School of Mortgage Banking I emphasizes the interrelated roles of the functions within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationships of the various institutions and agencies throughout the real estate finance industry. This course provides a foundation in residential loan production, secondary marketing, warehouse lending and servicing. It also presents an overview of associated disciplines essential to a complete understanding of mortgage banking, including ethics, regulatory compliance, real estate law, loan products, quality assurance, quality control and fraud detection.
Note: Students who intend to acquire their AMP designation need to first complete SOMB I and pass the exam, then complete SOMB II and pass the exam. Students who are not working toward AMP designations do not need complete SOMB I to enroll in SOMB II.
- Introduction to Mortgage Banking
- Loan Products
- Loan Production
- Regulatory Compliance
- Laws Affecting the Mortgagee’s Interest in Property
- Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Fraud Detection
- Loan Servicing
- Warehouse Lending
- Secondary Marketing
- Each session of the School of Mortgage Banking I is taught by an industry professional considered a thought leader by MBA and other subject matter experts in that area of mortgage lending. Click to read about MBA's School of Mortgage Banking I instructors.
- Individuals interested in an overview of all areas the residential mortgage lending industry
- Individuals interested in obtaining the AMP or the CMB designation
- Mortgage professionals in any role in the residential mortgage industry
- Tuesday, April 9 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Wednesday, April 10 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Thursday, April 11 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Friday, April 12 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM and Lunch will be served at 12:00 PM.
150 4th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37219
*Location subject to change
MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here.
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.
FOR IN-PERSON EVENTS:
FOR IN-PERSON EVENTS: Effective May 11, 2023, the White House and federal Centers For Disease Control (CDC) officially ended the COVID-19 public health emergency. Proof of minimally required COVID-19 vaccination is no longer part of the registration process. While the health emergency is over, the MBA will continue monitoring developments and supporting attendees’ choices to protect themselves, including wearing masks at MBA-sponsored events. Please be respectful of other attendees and their decisions to take preventative measures.
By registering for this event, you also have agreed that you will at all times during this event abide by the MBA EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT. You should familiarize yourself with this policy before attending the event as violations of the MBA EVENT CODE OF CONDUT may result in removal from or denial of access to the MBA sponsored event without a refund of registration fees, or disqualification from attendance at future MBA events.