Commercial Real Estate Basics: Introduction to Commercial/Multifamily Real Estate: August 2024: On Demand
|Before June 24, 2024||After June 24, 2024|
About the Event
Introduction to Commercial/Multifamily Real Estate teaches the foundational concepts of commercial/multifamily real estate that impact property owners and lenders. During this course, participants learn the rights to ownership (including land use considerations) as well as the various ways in which ownership in commercial/multifamily real estate is structured. Most commercial/real estate changes ownership and requires mortgage financing. The course also explores the types of lending platforms present in the capital markets and the types of documentation used for conveyance and mortgage financing.
This on demand course is delivered in a flexible format, allowing students to complete the course at their own pace within a four-week period. The content is presented in short, bite-sized learning elements and includes pre-recorded videos, learning activities, downloadable guides and worksheets, knowledge checks and discussion boards. Additionally, MBA will hold two online current events/networking sessions, where students will have an opportunity to meet other course participants, discuss current events in the industry, and ask questions of a subject matter expert. The course concludes with a comprehensive final exam and students who successfully complete the course by achieving a weighted score of 75% will receive a certificate of completion.
- Foundations in Commercial/Multifamily Real Estate
- Commercial/Multifamily Ownership and Land Use Considerations
- Commercial/Multifamily Real Estate Lending
- Commercial/Multifamily Conveyance of Real Estate and Legal Documentation
- On Demand Course
- Commercial Loan Originators
- Commercial Underwriters and Processors
- Commercial Portfolio and Financial Analysts
- Commercial Servicers
- Individuals who work in other areas of commercial real estate (marketing, law, appraisal, accounting) and/or who want to learn more about commercial/multifamily real estate and lending
- Monday, August 5: Course Opens
- Wednesday, August 14 (2:00 PM ET): Current Events Discussion/Class Networking Hour
- Wednesday, August 28 (2:00 PM ET): Current Events Discussion/Class Networking Hour; Final Exam Opens
- To be announced at the beginning of the course.
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.