Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP)
In This Section
When you graduate from MBA Education's School of Mortgage Banking (SOMB), you become an Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP). This Specialist Designation recognizes the achievements of individuals in the real estate finance industry for their pursuit of educational excellence, high ethical standards, and commitment to professionalism.
SOMB consists of three four-day, classroom-based courses and is the only comprehensive development program for mortgage industry management. Upon completion of the program, you have learned all the facets of mortgage lending - from fundamental concepts to strategic planning. Plus, as an AMP, you are recognized as a highly trained real estate finance professional.
Since 1948, SOMB has been the cornerstone of education in the mortgage banking industry. The AMP designation recognizes the commitment and exemplary training of graduates of the SOMB.
- Individuals with two or more years mortgage industry experience.
- Individuals must graduate from MBA Education's School of Mortgage Banking.
AMP Learning Path
Get started on the path to earning your AMP today. There are no certificates involved with this program.
Specialist Designation Requirements
|Experience Level:||Two or more years industry experience is recommended.|
|Education Requirement:||Successful completion of MBA Education's School of Mortgage Banking (SOMB) Course I, Course II, and Course III.|
|Written Exam:||Yes, at the completion of each SOMB course.|
1. Enroll in the School of Mortgage Banking to get started. Click for a schedule of upcoming SOMB courses.
All registrants for SOMB Course III are automatically enrolled in the AMP Specialist Designation program at no charge.
2. Complete the coursework. Graduate from the School of Mortgage Banking by successfully completing:
- School of Mortgage Banking Course I
- School of Mortgage Banking Course II
- School of Mortgage Banking Course III
3. Pass the tests. Pass each SOMB course exam.
4. Get recognized. All students meeting the designation requirements will be awarded the AMP Specialist Designation at the SOMB Graduation Ceremony at Course III.
The Next Step