CRI Associate Designation (Level I)
In This Section
The Associate (Level I Examination) is the first step toward earning the CRI Charter Designation and demonstrating your commitment to ethic based competency in commercial real estate.
Associate Fast Facts
- The exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions.
- The exam focuses on the core concepts of commercial real estate at the property level.
- Each candidate has 12 months from enrollment to study and pass the exam.
- Associate exam Fees:
- Application Fee - $100
- Enrollment Fee - $850
Upon enrollment, the candidate will be given access to MBA's learning management system which houses the exam, study guide, reference materials, discussion board.
A brief summary of the test components include:
- Property Issues (acquisition, ownership, disposition, property types, etc.)
- Taxation and Accounting
- Law (environmental, mortgages and security agreements, creditor rights, business entities)
- Real Estate Analysis and Valuation (finance, appraisal, debt coverage ratios, yields, duration, etc.)
- Underwriting Mortgage Loans (property data, sponsorship, structure, technical requirements of CMBS
- Real Estate Due Diligence (environmental and property reports, zoning, lease and financial reviews)