Willis Bryant Award
In This Section
The Willis Bryant Award recognizes outstanding academic achievement in MBA Education’s School of Mortgage Banking (SOMB) program and is awarded yearly to a top student graduate at MBA’s Annual Convention. To qualify, a student must achieve a grade of "excellent" on all SOMB exams, demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities in the classroom and have made a significant contribution to the mortgage industry.
This award was established in the name of Willis R. Bryant, following his death in 1965. Bryant, a mortgage banking pioneer of the 1950s, was a former lecturer at the SOMB who authored Mortgage Lending Fundamentals and Practices, a former SOMB textbook.
The winner will have their name added to the Willis Bryant Award plaque at MBA’s Headquarters in Washington, DC. They will receive complimentary enrollment in the CMB program and waived fees for the CMB exam and a CMB prep course. The winner will also be publicly recognized across MBA online and social media platforms.
Read about the 2021 winner of the Willis Bryant Award.
- Achieve final exam scores of at least 90% in School of Mortgage Banking I and II
- Successful completion of School of Mortgage Banking III between August 1, 2021 and July 31, 2022
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership in the classroom and a significant contribution to the mortgage industry
How to Apply/Application Deadlines
2022 Application Deadline: September 1, 2022
- Describing a recent leadership experience, a substantial contribution to the industry and career aspirations
- Submitting a Letter of Recommendation from a supervisor or mentor describing applicant's talents and strengths, future in the industry and leadership abilities
2022 Award Timeline
- September 1: Applications deadline for 2022 award
- September 30: Winner is notified by MBA Education
- The winner is recognized during MBA's Annual Convention and Expo in Fall 2022
Senior Training Coordination Specialist
Mortgage Bankers Association
Phone: (202) 557-2921