Path to Diversity & Inclusion Professional Development Scholarship
In This Section
The Path to Diversity & Inclusion Professional Development Scholarship is aimed at existing industry professionals seeking to advance their careers.
Professional Development Scholars will receive a voucher to cover registration fees, up to a maximum of $2,000, for any of the following MBA Education programs and courses:
- School of Mortgage Banking (SOMB), Courses I, II, or III
- Other classroom offerings, including but not limited to Advanced Servicing Workshop and Multifamily Property Inspection Workshop
- Future Leaders Program
- Distance learning courses, including web-based self-study and instructor-guided online learning (IGOL) offerings
- Certification and Designation programs
The scholarship must be used within 12 months of award. Travel and lodging are not an eligible use for the award.
To be eligible for the Professional Development Scholarship, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Is part of one or more of the following under-represented groups:
- Non-white or bi-racial
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender
- Is currently employed by an MBA member firm or state MBA member firm
- Has worked a minimum of two years in the mortgage industry, or has broad experience in a related field with some focus in real estate finance, or has post-high school education related to the real estate finance industry, to include training to obtain a license, company-sponsored training, or MBA or other professional education
Individuals are eligible to receive up to three awards during their careers, with no more than one award provided per calendar year.
Eligible applicants must receive a minimum score of 75 points out of a total of 100 in order to be considered for a scholarship award. Applicants are scored based on the following criteria:
- Personal Statement: 50 points
- Letter of Recommendation: 50 points
Applicants who are U.S. Military Veterans, or who are disabled, will receive 5 bonus points.
Scholarship awards are made on a monthly basis, subject to the availability of funds. All completed applications that meet the above eligibility requirements will be reviewed and scored by MBA's Path to Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Award Task Force. Eligible applications received by the 15th of the month will be reviewed by the committee in that month. Applicants will receive an "Acceptance" or "Denial" letter via email no later than 30 calendar days after the end of the month in which the application was reviewed. If you are denied, you may reapply at any time.
To be considered for the Path to Diversity & Inclusion Scholarship Program, individuals must submit a completed application form, including these documents uploaded in PDF format: resume, personal statement and letter of reference from a supervisor or senior manager at your current place of employment.