Commercial Real Estate Basics
In This Section
10 Stand-Alone Module Courses
We've redesigned our popular Commercial Real Estate Basics course to give you improved content in a convenient, instructor-guided format. The redesign gives you:
- 10 Stand-alone courses so you can get a deeper dive into the world of underwriting, valuing and analyzing commercial real estate;
- A blend of our self-study and instructor-guided format so you can learn everything you need from the comfort of your own desk; and
- An a la carte structure so you can pick and choose the topics that are most important to you!
Public Course Delivery Method: Blended
Duration of Course: Varies
- Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
- Underwriting Multifamily & Valuation
- Appraisal and Three Approaches to Value
- Property Inspection and Environmental Concern
- Underwriting Office Buildings and Valuation
- Underwriting Retail
- Loan Closing and Loan Documentation - Coming Soon
- Introduction to CMBS - Coming Soon
- Introduction to Commercial Loan Servicing
- Borrower Credit and Financial Statement Analysis
About this Course
MBA Education is excited to introduce a new series of instructor-guided online courses designed exclusively for the commercial real estate finance (CREF) industry. Building on MBA's popular Commercial Real Estate Basics instructor-guided online course, we have designed eight independent courses that address key concepts related to the commercial real estate finance industry. These products are suited both for professionals new to the industry, and for seasoned professionals seeking a more solid foundational understanding of the various sectors of commercial real estate finance, either for their own professional interest or to prepare for Chartered Realty Investor Society's CRI Level I exam.* All of the courses are presented in a blend of self-study and instructor guided learning, and can be taken from the comfort of your own desk.
Eight of the courses will be offered as four-week courses, with one interactive 60-minute webinar each week, plus weekly practice assignments and a final assessment. During the weekly webinars, the instructor will present the week's course materials and answer any questions. Students who participate in the weekly webinars, complete the homework assignments, and pass the final assessment will be issued a certificate of completion.
Two of the courses will be offered as single two-hour webinars with a final exam. Students who participate in the webinar and pass the final exam will be issued a certificate of completion.
*These courses supplement both the CRI Level I Study Guide - available through MBA Education, and the Candidate's Guide (available through the Chartered Realty Investor Society's website). While the Study Guide provides excerpts of resource materials recommended for the CRI Exam, these courses provide "how to" instructions accompanied by sample problems to assist preparation.