MBA LinkedIn Group Terms and Conditions
In This Section
- This Site may be used for lawful purposes only. You may not post content that is anticompetitive, obscene, otherwise objectionable, in violation of federal or state law, or that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability.
- You may not post content that discloses your or any other company's non-public transactions, business intentions, or other confidential information, or that discusses prices or salaries.
- You may not post content that infringes the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties. No material protected by copyright or other proprietary right shall be uploaded, posted, or otherwise made available on the Site without the permission of the owner.
- You may not disparage, harass, abuse, threaten, or advocate violence against other participants, entities, individuals, or sites. You may not bash vendors, whether by name, specific description or otherwise.
- MBA reserves the right to remove content immediately and without notice that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate and/or in violation of our rules. In addition, if content is posted in an inappropriate area of the Site, MBA reserves the right to either delete such content or move it to a more appropriate area, as determined by MBA in its sole discretion.
- MBA reserves the right to modify or discontinue this Site at any time without notice or liability.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the Site are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post blatant commercial messages and keep any advertising to a limited schedule so as not to annoy other participants or undermine the value of the Site as an information resource. If MBA creates a designated area for commercial messages, MBA reserves the right to move advertising messages to that area, in its sole discretion.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the Site is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Views expressed are those of the individual author and do not reflect the views of MBA.
You are responsible for any material that you post. We do not control the messages, information or files that you or others may provide through the Site. This Site shall be used for lawful purposes only; you shall not:
- Engage in any conduct that, in our sole judgment, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site.
- Post or transmit any material that violates our rights or the rights of others, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other right. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants MBA and users of this Site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
- Post any messages that encourage or facilitate the entering into any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site.
- Use the Site in an unlawful, threatening, or abusive manner, including without limitation, to promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any Site or individual.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available through this Site.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation, any transmissions that encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Solicit donations of any kind without our written consent.
- Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
Notwithstanding this right, users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any posted opinion, advice or statement, whether it is provided by us, our employees, or a third party. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused by reliance on information obtained through postings. We are not responsible for any offensive, defamatory or obscene posting. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information we believe necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove or relocate any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are inappropriate, objectionable or in violation of these terms. We also reserve the right to deny access to the Site to anyone who violates these terms or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the Site or infringes the rights of others. Neither we nor any third party content provider shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by us or any third party content provider with respect to any conduct, communication or posting.
MBA does not actively monitor the Site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to MBA's attention, MBA will take all appropriate action. Further, MBA respects the intellectual property rights of third parties, including those granted under the US copyright laws, and the interests of MBA members and others who use the Site. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), it is the policy of MBA to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the ability of a user to participate in the Site if the user is deemed to infringe third party copyrights, including repeat infringers. The definition of "repeat infringer" shall be as determined by MBA in its sole judgment, but will include, without limitation, a user who, on more than one occasion, has been the subject of a valid, effective, and uncontested notice of infringement from a third party. In addition, MBA expressly reserves the right to terminate a user's Site access if MBA, in its sole judgment, believes that circumstances relating to the infringement of third party intellectual property rights warrant such action.