MBA's White Paper Guidelines
In This Section
Posting a white paper in the Member Center section of the MBA website is an extremely valuable way to highlight thought leadership within your company, as well as an exciting opportunity to showcase your work to the industry at large. To ensure the white paper section of our website is consistent with the integrity of the MBA brand and a high-quality representation of the industry, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
White papers should be:
- An educational, insight-filled paper focused on a topic(s) specific to the real estate finance industry.
- Current and include minimal self-promotion of a company or product.
- Unbiased and provide fair and reasonable descriptions of alternative options if comparisons are included.
- Free of material that infringes the intellectual property, privacy, or other rights of third parties or for which you are not authorized to publish. No material protected by a third party's copyright or other proprietary right will be posted without the permission of the owner.
- Look professional and be easy to read and navigate.
White papers should not contain content that:
- Is anticompetitive, obscene and otherwise objectionable, in violation of federal or state law or that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability.
- Discloses your and any other company's non-public transactions, business intentions, or other confidential information, or that discusses prices or salaries.
- Advocates a position on a regulatory issue or legislative policy.
MBA will review the white paper for industry relevance and adherence to stated guidelines, but no editorial feedback will be provided. Notwithstanding MBA's review, you remain solely responsible for the content of your white papers. MBA is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any white paper. Under no circumstances will MBA be liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused by reliance on information obtained through posted white papers. MBA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to publish a white paper and to remove a white paper without notice and for any reason. Submission of white papers to MBA automatically grants MBA the right to publish the papers on its white paper website but does not transfer any ownership rights to MBA. MBA will remove your white paper at anytime upon your request. MBA does not endorse any company or the content contained in a white paper and will include a disclaimer stating such on the white paper website. The whitepaper website is to be used for lawful purposes only. MBA reserves the right to modify or discontinue the white paper section of its website at any time without notice or liability.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), it is the policy of MBA to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the ability of a user to participate in the white paper website if the user is deemed to infringe third party copyrights, including repeat infringers. The definition of "repeat infringer" shall be as determined by MBA in its sole judgment, but will include, without limitation, a user who, on more than one occasion, has been the subject of a valid, effective, and uncontested notice of infringement from a third party. In addition, MBA expressly reserves the right to terminate a user's right to post to the white paper website if MBA, in its sole judgment, believes that circumstances relating to the infringement of third party intellectual property rights warrant such action.
To submit a white paper to MBA, please email your submission to Rashida Holmes at email@example.com as a PDF attachment and include the following information:
- Name of White Paper
- Full Name of Submitter
- Email Address of Submitter
- Company Name
- Date Submitted
By submitting your white paper to MBA, you acknowledge that you have read the guidelines listed above and acknowledge that the enclosed white paper submission adheres to these guidelines.