MBA Announces 2022 Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council
|Rob Van Raaphorst|
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 28, 2021) - The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) announced today the members of its 2022 Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council. The Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council and the Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council were formed in 2019 to provide important strategic and practical guidance to MBA's CONVERGENCE Initiative, the association's affordable housing effort.
"These Councils guide our efforts in bringing together key stakeholders to work on solutions aimed at housing affordability," said Steve O'Connor, MBA's Senior Vice President for Affordable Housing Initiatives. "As economic, demographic, and social issues continue to intersect, our members will work to help ensure a healthy and equitable housing market."
The Advisory Council on Affordable Homeownership provides important recommendations, feedback, and ideas on where MBA should focus its time and resources to be impactful in advancing affordable homeownership and closing the racial homeownership gap. The co-chairs and membership for the 2022 Affordable Rental Housing Advisory Council will be announced in the coming weeks.
"MBA remains committed to overcoming the obstacles to affordable housing," said MBA President and CEO Bob Broeksmit, CMB. "I am confident that the members of these Councils will lead our industry in addressing this timely and important issue."
Anthony Weekly, Executive Vice President with Truist, and David Battany, Executive Vice President of Capital Markets with Guild Mortgage Company, will serve a second term as co-chairs of the Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council in 2022.
"The Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council is one of the best industry forums to bring together a diverse group of experts to understand and solve the challenges to affordable homeownership," said Battany.
"The Council brings the various industry partners together to create an alignment and approach on collectively solving issues related to affordable housing and sustainable homeownership," explained Weekly.
The members of the Affordable Homeownership Advisory Council include:
- David Battany (Co-Chair), Guild Mortgage Company
- Anthony Weekly (Co-Chair), Truist
- Efe Aghimien, SWBC Mortgage
- Lesley Alli, HomePoint
- Meghan Bartholomew, Radian
- Cerita Battles, JPM Chase
- Chuck Bishop, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Geoff Cooper, Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
- Rose Marie David, HomeBridge Financial Services
- Kristy Fercho, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Tawn Kelley, Taylor Morrison Home Funding
- Brian Kucab, Enact
- Charles Lowery, New American Funding
- Bill Lowman, American Pacific Mortgage
- Sonya Luechauer, DHI Financial Services
- Lenny McNeil, US Bank
- Emily Miller, Rocket Mortgage
- Bilal Parviz, Arch Mortgage Insurance Group
- Eddy Perez, Equity Prime Mortgage
- Jay Plum, Fifth Third Bank
- Sharon Rivers, Mortgage Investors Group
- Julie Steinhagen, The Huntington National Bank
- Michelle Swindell, Bank of America
- Miguel Vega, First Community Mortgage, Inc.
- Dianne Wasson, HomeStreet Bank
Learn more about the MBA CONVERGENCE initiative.