Commercial/Multifamily Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Awards
In This Section
MBA's Commercial/Multifamily Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Awards* celebrate and recognize MBA member companies operating in commercial real estate finance and multifamily housing for their work and dedication in supporting a key industry initiative - diversity and inclusion.
These new awards aim to:
- Recognize MBA members who have developed innovative ways to foster diversity and inclusion in the industry.
- Highlight leaders in the area of diversity and inclusion in the industry.
- Inspire business strategies that reach out to diverse populations.
- Raise industry awareness of the importance and value of being a diverse and inclusive industry.
- Share industry best practices and successes to inspire new strategies that reach out to diverse populations in the industry.
We are now accepting applications for our Commercial/Multifamily Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Awards.
2020 Awards Timeline:
- We will accept applications via our web site from November 19, 2019 - January 10, 2020.
- Our 2020 award recipients will be recognized at MBA's CREF/Multifamily Housing Convention & Expo, taking place February 10-13, 2020.
MBA member companies in good standing** can apply independently or can be nominated for an award by an individual affiliated with an MBA member organization. There must be a company representative present to accept the award at the CREF Convention. Review the award category details below prior to completing your application.
Apply today! To be considered, all applicants must complete the MBA Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Award application by Friday, January 10, 2020.
Questions: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**In order for us to consider an application, as well as to grant an award, a company's membership with MBA must be in good standing.
NOTE: 2019 award winners are not eligible for a 2020 award, and must wait one full calendar year before they may apply again. However, companies that received honorable mention recognition in 2019 may apply for a 2020 award.
Award Details and Criteria
The Organizational Diversity and Inclusion Award is open to all MBA commercial and multifamily members regardless of business model or membership category.
This award recognizes company initiatives that are specifically developed and designed to increase diversity and inclusion within the leadership and employee base of member companies, thereby leading to a mortgage banking industry that is focused on employing the best talent available in order to provide the best possible service to its customers.
The award will recognize continued commitment to, and advancement of diversity and inclusion through successful programs and initiatives.
Examples of programs include recruitment and retention programs, mentorship programs, internal diversity and inclusion training, and supplier diversity programs.
- MBA member companies in good standing can apply independently or can be nominated for an award by an individual affiliated with an MBA member organization.
- There must be a company representative present to accept the award at the CREF Convention.
Definition of Diversity
MBA defines diverse individuals and groups that meet the following criteria:
- Non-white, bi-racial, white Hispanic
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender
*Winners of our Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Awards were announced at MBA's Annual Convention & Expo 2019.