MBA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
In This Section
Check Out Our Video for Consumers
At the onset of the pandemic, MBA worked to keep members aware of the rapidly changing policy environment as Congress, the federal housing agencies and state governments responded to balance the human and economic realities of the crisis. With increasing availability of COVID-19 vaccines, the worst is behind us, but the housing industry will be dealing with the second-order effects of this pandemic for years to come.
This page includes links to relevant resources to help borrowers, lenders, and investors stay on the same page about foreclosure moratoria, forbearance deadline extensions, and lending flexibilities, among others.
- MBA's Statement on President Biden's Foreclosure Extension Announcement
- MBA's COVID-19 Single-Family Policy Tracker is a regularly updated collection of the various coronavirus-related, residential policy issues MBA is aware of, including the status of each.
- The CFPB maintains a useful mortgage and housing assistance page consolidating the latest information from several housing-related government agencies.
- MBA, along with a broad coalition of partners, launched "Not Ok? That's Ok", a consumer awareness campaign to educate borrowers about forbearance assistance under the CARES Act. Get the ads.
- At the state level, MBA has worked to ensure regulatory flexibility for licensing mortgage industry staff. Our Licensing Flexibility page is a valuable way to learn the latest, with links to the NMLS Resource Center and State Agency guidance.
- Consumer Advertising Resources, including video, print and web ads to help you inform your consumers on the appropriate time to contact their mortgage companies, as well as that there are options are available if they should need mortgage relief. Ad downloads are available to MBA Members Only.