Advanced Risk Management Concepts Workshop
JW Marriott L.A. Live, Los Angeles, CA
In collaboration with...
MBA Education and The University of Maryland Smith School of Business are partnering on a classroom program that covers the topics essential to effective mortgage finance risk management for residential and commercial/multifamily lenders. The program is intended for mid to senior-level mortgage risk management professionals, with content covering core risk concepts using real world applications and exercises. Students can expect to hear from instructors who are or have recently been senior executive-level practitioners in mortgage finance risk management. To introduce the program to lenders, MBA Education is pleased to offer an abbreviated version of the 3-day program to those attending the Risk Management & Quality Assurance Conference or who may just be interested in gaining familiarity with the core concepts of risk management in mortgage finance.
Attendees of both the RMQA Conference and the Advanced Risk Management Concepts Workshop can receive $50 off their respective registration fees for a total savings of $100. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this discount.
Sunday September 23, 2018
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM PST
JW Marriott LA Live
900 W. Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Attendees should expect to understand:
- Harnessing Data, Analytics, and Business Intelligence Tools in Mortgage Risk Management
- Improving Operational Risk Management in the Real Estate Sector
- Managing Regulatory and Compliance Risks
Lessons:Lesson 1: Harnessing Data, Analytics, and Business Intelligence Tools in Mortgage Risk Management
- Data requirements and standards
- Modeling mortgage credit and prepayment risk - pricing models, AUS scorecards, AVM models
- Model validation and governance practices
- Basics of mortgage credit risk - PD, LGD and loss
- Expected vs Unexpected credit loss and interpreting the numbers
- Building a robust fraud detection process
- Estimating operational losses and event identification practices
- Cyber risk management practices
- Understanding fair lending risk and how to test
- Basics in mortgage compliance (TRID, QM, CRA, HMDA, Mortgage Servicing, etc)
- Vendor risk management
Who Should Attend?
- Mid to Senior-Level Risk Management Professionals
- Senior Risk Analysts
- Compliance Officers
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Internal Audit Managers
- Credit Officers
- Chief Information Security Officers
- Jerra H. Ryan, Senior Vice President, Compliance, First Choice Loan Service
- Other speakers will be announced.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.
On Sunday, September 23rd, 2018, the workshop will begin at 11:00 AM and run until 3:00 PM PT.
MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here