Fundamentals and Best Practices in Mortgage Accounting
Grand Hyatt San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Monday, November 13th, 2017
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM CT
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
600 E Market St
San Antonio, TX 78205
Paid registrants of both the workshop and MBA's Accounting and Financial Management Conference will receive $50 off their two registration prices. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain this discount.
Companies sending multiple attendees are eligible for a discount. Please contact member services at email@example.com to obtain this discount.
Join MBA Education and industry experts for a 3 hour crash course on the fundamentals of mortgage accounting. This workshop will be geared towards people new to accounting roles or people who want to gain a better understanding of the latest in mortgage accounting principles.
The first half of this workshop will be an overview of the concepts that every accountant, financial analyst, or auditor should know to be successful in their roles. The second half of the workshop will be more of an open forum where panelists will respond to areas of concern or difficulty from the audience. With recent changes to accounting rules and evolving regulatory requirements, this will be a great opportunity to get your questions answered and hear what challenges your colleagues are encountering.Objectives:
Attendees should expect to:
- Gain foundational understanding of mortgage accounting concepts
- Learn how accounting fits in the mortgage loan life cycle
- Hear an overview of the current regulatory environment and how current regulations impact mortgage accounting
- Understand what the pain points are for mortgage accountants
- Learn the best practices industry experts and your peers are using to manage the day-to-day work
Who Should Attend?
- Entry-intermediate level accountants
- Non-CPA accounting and finance managers
- Financial analysts
- Keith May, Managing Director, Richey, May, & Co., LLP
- Matthew Streadbeck, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Prateek S Khokhar, Chief Financial Officer, American Pacific Mortgage Corporation
- Paul Hubbard, Chief Financial Officer, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.
The workshop will begin at 8:00 AM and run until 11:00 AM CT.
MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here