Management Essentials for the Mortgage Professional
NorthMarq Capital, Washington, DC
Tuesday, September 11th - Friday, September 14th, 2018
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
601 13th St NW
Suite 500 N
Washington, DC 20005
Hotel Registration Information:
- All registrants are responsible for making their own hotel accommodations.
- Please click here to see hotels in close proximity to the course location.
MBA Education's Management Essentials is designed to provide current and relevant content to strengthen the skills of both emerging and experienced managers in the mortgage finance industry. During this four-day program, participants with both Commercial/Multifamily and Residential lending backgrounds will experience an engaging mix of lecture, facilitated discussions, large and small group activities, and individual reflection. Participants can expect to share and learn from each other’s experience to gain new insights about their own management styles and of those that they manage.
Each of the four sessions covered in the four day program builds on lessons from the previous session, and will offer practical tools that can be applied immediately back on the job. The four sessions are:
- Day 1: Transitioning to Management (Morning) and Managing Time (Afternoon)
- Day 2: Recruiting and Jump Starting Talent
- Day 3: Getting the Best From Employees
- Day 4: Coaching for Performance
Participants can expect to gain exposure to the following concepts:
- What it means to be a manager vs. a leader
- The four management styles
- Ethics in the mortgage industry and how ethical situations arise every day
- The Importance/Urgency Matrix to make time management decisions
- Key phases of the recruitment process
- Best practices in onboarding to set new hires up for success
- Best practices in goal setting
- Effective performance evaluation conversations
- The CLEAR coaching model
Download the Management Essentials for the Mortgage Professional agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?Management Essentials is geared towards professionals in both the Commercial/Multifamily and Residential mortgage industry who are about to move or have recently moved into managerial roles.
- Lynae Steinhagen, CEO, BWR Consulting, Inc. See Lynae Steinhagen's biography.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.
Class will begin each day at 8:00 AM EST and end at around 5:00 PM EST. The program should conclude at around 12:30 PM EST on Friday. Breakfast will be served each day starting at 7:30 AM EST and lunch will be served Tuesday through Thursday.
MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here