Management Essentials for the Mortgage Professional
Mortgage Bankers Association, Washington, DC
|Member Price||(Before ) $2,000.00||$2,200.00||(After ) $2,200.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $3,000.00||$3,300.00||(After ) $3,300.00|
MBA Education's Management Essentials is designed to provide current and relevant content to strengthen the skills of both emerging and experienced managers in the mortgage finance industry. During this four-day program, participants with both Commercial/Multifamily and Residential lending backgrounds will experience an engaging mix of lecture, facilitated discussions, large and small group activities, and individual reflection. Participants can expect to share and learn from each other's experience to gain new insights about their own management styles and of those that they manage.
Each of the four sessions covered in the four day program builds on lessons from the previous session, and will offer practical tools that can be applied immediately back on the job. The four sessions are:
Day 1: Transitioning to Management (Morning) and Managing Time (Afternoon)
Day 2: Recruiting and Jump Starting Talent
Day 3: Getting the Best from Employees
Day 4: Coaching for Performance
Participants can expect to gain exposure to the following concepts:
- What it means to be a manager vs. a leader
- The four management styles
- Ethics in the mortgage industry and how ethical situations arise every day
- The Importance/Urgency Matrix to make time management decisions
- Key phases of the recruitment process
- Best practices in onboarding to set new hires up for success
- Best practices in goal setting
- Effective performance evaluation conversations
- The CLEAR coaching model
Date:Tuesday, November 4, 2020 through Friday, November 6, 2020
Time:8:00 AM-5:00 PM ET Instructor:
- Lynae Steinhagen, CEO, BWR Consulting
Who Should Attend?
- Management Essentials is geared towards professionals in both the Commercial/Multifamily and Residential mortgage industry who are about to move or have recently moved into managerial roles.
This class will take place from Tuesday, November 3rd to Friday, November 6th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.