School of Mortgage Banking I: April 2022: Detroit, MI
|MBA Member Price||(Before ) $1,600.00||$1,800.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $2,400.00||$2,700.00|
Michigan First Credit Union*
27000 Evergreen Rd
Lathrup Village, MI 48076
*Location subject to change
- Tuesday, April 12 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Wednesday, April 13 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Thursday, April 14 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Friday, April 15 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Breakfast will be served at 7:30 AM and lunch will be served at 12:00 PM.
Hotel Registration Information:
MBA Education recommends you wait until after you receive our registration confirmation email before you make any travel arrangements. MBA assumes no liability for any penalty fees on airline tickets, deposits for hotel accommodations, or any other fees, charges, penalties, or other incidental costs that a registrant might incur. To review all of MBA Education policies, please click here.
MBA Education’s School of Mortgage Banking I emphasizes the interrelated roles of the functions within a residential mortgage banking firm and the relationships of the various institutions and agencies throughout the real estate finance industry. This course provides a foundation in residential loan production, secondary marketing, warehouse lending and servicing. It also presents an overview of associated disciplines essential to a complete understanding of mortgage banking, including ethics, regulatory compliance, real estate law, loan products, quality assurance, quality control and fraud detection.
Note: Students who intend to acquire their AMP designation need to first complete SOMB I and pass the exam, then complete SOMB II and pass the exam. Students who are not working toward AMP designations do not need complete SOMB I to enroll in SOMB II.
- Introduction to Mortgage Banking
- Loan Products
- Loan Production
- Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Fraud Detection
- Loan Servicing
- Regulatory Compliance
- Laws Affecting the Mortgagee’s Interest in Property
- Warehouse Lending
- Secondary Marketing
- Individuals interested in an overview of all areas the residential mortgage lending industry
- Individuals interested in obtaining the AMP or the CMB designation
- Mortgage professionals in any role in the residential mortgage industry
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.