School of Multifamily Property Inspections: November 2020: Online
|MBA Member Price||(Before ) $900.00||$1,000.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $1,400.00||$1,500.00|
Monday, November 30 - Thursday, December 10, 2020
Recently, inspector qualifications "best practices" were adopted by MBA (and by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), which require adequate training and experience for all those inspecting properties financed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Training is a key component of those “best practices” and will be a requirement of both Government Sponsored Entities. MBA is working with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to provide one training course that will be accepted by both agencies.
MBA Education's School of Multifamily Property Inspections provides training on how to perform a physical inspection of a multifamily property, including interviewing management, evaluating observable market factors, and understanding basic laws and regulations affecting the property. During the 2 days of the course, students will have an opportunity to hear from and interact with lender personnel involved in the inspection process and regulatory issues as well as third party engineering personnel who are experts in assessing the physical condition of multifamily properties. A final exam will be offered online following completion of the course.
Why Should You Attend?
- Understand how to perform effective, efficient inspections.
- Receive a comprehensive training manual with picture examples of scenarios.
- Take away action plans that can be implemented immediately.
- Learn inspection best practices from experts in the field and other professionals.
- Understand the physical and environmental impacts to multifamily properties.
- Network with other mortgage inspectors.
- Be certified by MBA to perform multifamily inspections in just two days, subject to successful completion of the exam and completion of experience requirements.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize key indicators of the physical condition of a multifamily property
- Develop a checklist outlining essential aspects of the inspection which need to be considered
- Plan all aspects of a multifamily inspection
- Develop essential skills to evaluate physical and environmental impacts to multifamily properties
- Define industry terms and procedures
- Present a property evaluation with confidence
- Determine data needs and develop reporting requirements to complete the feedback loop
Download the sample MFPI agenda to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop benefits any professional responsible for inspecting commercial property. The course will also benefit asset managers, underwriters, and originators of multifamily properties to help them better understand the physical condition of properties.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.