Commercial Real Estate Basics: Appraisal and the Three Approaches to Value: July 2020
|MBA Member Price||$350.00|
Tuesday, July 14: Highest and Best Use
Tuesday, July 21: Cost Approach and the Sales Comparison Approach
Tuesday, July 28: Income Capitalization Approach and Reconciliation
1:00 - 2:30 PM ET
The goal of Appraisal and the Three Approaches to Value is to provide participants with appropriate knowledge to enhance their review of the third party appraisal. This four-part, instructor-guided online course discusses the ethics and standards appraisers are required to adhere to, reviews the appraisal process, and explains the four tests required for highest and best use analysis. The courses also discusses the background and steps to complete the three approaches to value: Cost Approach, Sales Comparison Approach, and the Income Capitalization Approach. The course concludes with how the appraiser reconciles the values to reach the final value conclusion. Appraisal and the Three Approaches to Value is one of eight courses in MBA Education's CRE Basics series.
Objectives:Attendees can expect to:
- Define USPAP and its requirements
- Define appraisal components
- Interpret and define a property's market
- Breakdown the four steps to Highest and Best Use
- Demonstrate land value and the Cost Approach
- Demonstrate the Sales Comparison Approach
- Demonstrate the two valuation methods used in the Income Capitalization Approach
- Illustrate reconciliation
Who Should Attend?
- Loan Processors
- Analysts and Junior Analysts
- Loan Closers
- Individuals seeking a career in commercial real estate
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.