Introduction to Mortgage Banking: May 2021
|MBA Member Price||(Before ) $250.00||$300.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $375.00||$425.00|
Full-time college students not currently interning with or employed by an MBA member company are eligible to take this course for free. Member interns are eligible to take this course for the price of $75. College students and member interns should contact MBA Education at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Webinars will take place for three consecutive weeks with five total classes. Specific dates and times can be found below:
- Tuesday, May 18 (2:00 - 3:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, May 20 (2:00 - 3:30 PM ET)
- Tueday, May 25 (2:00 - 3:30 PM ET)
- Thursday, May 27 (2:00 - 3:30 PM ET)
- Tuesday, June 1 (2:00 - 3:30 PM ET)
This instructor-guided online course provides an overview of the residential real estate finance industry as a career development tool for college students and those interested in changing careers, and as a training tool for interns and new hires. The course opens with an Overview of the Residential Mortgage Industry and covers Loan Production, Loan Administration, Secondary Marketing, and Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, and Technology.
- Attendees will learn a high-level overview of the various functions of the residential real estate finance industry.
- They will also learn about the various career paths available through each function (Loan Officer, Servicer, Title Agent, etc.).
- Attendees will benefit from personal interaction with industry experts via the Instructor Guided Online Learning format.
- Overview of the Residential Mortgage Industry
- Loan Production
- Loan Administration
- Secondary Marketing
- Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, and Technology
Download the sample Introduction to Mortgage Banking Outline to learn more about the program.
- College students
- Career changers
- New hires and interns
- HR staff and intern coordinators
Instructors are TBD and will be announced closer to the course start date. Past course instructors include Frank Donnelly, CMB, Armando Zamora, AMP, Patricia Taylor, Madeline Johnson, CMB, and Bob Mansur, CMB, Tammy Butler, CMB.
Scholarship Availability & Discounts:
MBA’s Path to Diversity Scholarship enables employees from diverse backgrounds to advance their career development by receiving up to $2,000 in education funds. Learn more and apply at mba.org/pathtodiversity.