Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
This webinar is part of MBA Education's Garrett, McAuley & Co. Mortgage Banking Management Webinar Series.
Let's face it, budgeting and financial planning may not be glamorous, and many mortgage bankers will say, "Tell me what rates will be, and I'll tell you how much money we'll make." But this isn't a viable approach to a dynamic and difficult industry, and the top-performing mortgage bankers would never take this same approach. This webinar will provide mortgage bankers with the reasons why establishing, tracking, and modifying an annual financial plan or budget is essential to success in the mortgage banking industry. It will also address why measuring financial and operational performance and benchmarking is important for all mortgage companies and mortgage divisions of banks and how the top-performing mortgage companies employ it to increase revenues, control costs, and better manage risk.
2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Why setting goals and measuring financial performance and operational productivity goals is so important to success in the mortgage banking industry
- How the top-performing companies use budgeting and financial planning to outperform the industry and to react quickly to sharp changes in market conditions
- The components required for forecasting production, cost to originate, and pricing margins, and gain on sale of mortgages
- Our 6-step process to integrate the components of budgeting and forecasting into an effective financial plan
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs and CFOs of private mortgage companies and banks with mortgage divisions
- Mortgage company managers for production, secondary marketing, and operations
- Senior managers and Board members for publicly-traded mortgage companies
- Warehouse lenders, private equity firms, and others who provide funding to mortgage bankers
- Analysts who follow the publicly-traded mortgage companies and banks with large mortgage banking businesses
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.