CMBS Special Topics: Lender Rights, Remedies, and Recourse
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
Commercial-Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) provide commercial real estate borrowers with access to attractive long-term non-recourse debt financing. The CMBS market is experiencing performance challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic recession. As such, exploring the various actions and activities which trigger full recourse on a mortgage loan as well as the available CMBS loan enforcement mechanisms are timely, significant topics for special servicers and workout professionals. Lenders must be prepared to effectively monitor, evaluate and understand these activities in situations where a borrower defaults on their loan and the understanding may be needed to effectively recover loan proceeds.
Join MBA and legal experts for an informative and entertaining presentation on these issues as well as how these topics have been impacted by the pandemic and current state of the economy.
1:00-2:00 PM ET
- Recourse Triggers—can we pursue the guarantors?
- Creative Workout Options Post-Default—is it even (de)feasible?
- Alternatives to Sheriff’s Sales—how can the SPE stay off title?
- Cash Management—can we control the rents and how?
- Hospitality and Retail and the Future of Office
Who Should Attend?
- Special Servicers
- Asset Managers
- Primary or Master Servicers
- Ed Weil, Partner, Dykema
- Mark Silverman, Partner, Dykema