Lending to the LGBTQ Community: Opportunities and Considerations
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
Join MBA for a discussion exploring the historical forces and market dynamics that have shaped lending to the LGBTQ community. This session will provide a social landscape that has advanced public approval of LGBTQ marriage and equal rights against a backdrop of lingering patterns of discrimination. Government protections under Fair Housing and HUD shift with each new administration as evidenced in the contrast between the Trump and Biden Administrations. This course frames the challenges and opportunities that come with lending to this consumer segment.
2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Government and regulatory protections
- The influence of marriage equality on LGBTQ homeownership
- Buyer preferences and trends
- Attitudes and perceptions about owning a home
- Barriers to down-payments and financing
Who Should Attend?
- Mortgage originators
- Sales managers
- Kimber White, President of the National Association of Mortgage Brokers and Co-Chair of the LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance Mortgage Advisory Group
- Valerie Saunders, Co-Chair of the LGBTQ+ Real Estate Alliance Mortgage Advisory Group