MISMO: Blockchain Mortgage Banking Legal and Regulatory Issues
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
MISMO Members receive a discounted price of $0. MISMO member pricing will apply when you click above and log in.
A foundational course for both technical and business individuals who would like to understand more about the legal related concepts of Blockchain in the Mortgage Banking industry. This course will cover the legal and compliance concerns of the full mortgage lifecycle on the blockchain including: (a) dealing with data and privacy regulations, (b) how smart contracts play a role, (c) what this means for servicers, and (d) challenges re paper and electronic records. The course will continue with an overview of how tokenization plays a role in the transmission of mortgage records and the related legal implications. Lastly, the course will focus on Decentralized Finance (DeFi), what it is and how it can be used in the mortgage industry.
It is the second course of a series of MISMO blockchain education. While not required, it is recommended that participants view the Fundamentals of Blockchain prior to this course.
12:00-1:00 PM ET
- This course will provide participants with an introduction to some of the legal and compliance concerns related to blockchain development in the mortgage industry.
- Upon completion of the course, individuals will have a better understanding of the legal challenges related to having the full mortgage lifecycle on the blockchain.
- Participants in this course will have a better understanding of the legal insights into tokenization on the blockchain.
- Lastly, attendees will learn about the hot topic of DeFi including how it can be used in mortgage along with the legal challenges and risks related to it.
Who Should Attend?
- Technical and Business Architects
- Application and Information Technology Engineers
- Business Analysts
- Legal and Compliance Officers
- Business and Technology Executives
- Lewis Cohen, Principal, DLx Law
- Debbie Hoffman, CEO & Founder, Symmetry Blockchain Advisors, Inc.
- John Levonick, Of Counsel, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Cathy Yoon, Special Counsel, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP