Mortgage Accounting Part I: Drilling into Mortgage Accounting
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
This session of this series will introduce attendees to the foundational concepts within mortgage accounting.
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Part I: Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - Wednesday, October 7
- Part II: Loan Level Accounting - Wednesday, October 14
- Part III: Hedging For Accountants - Wednesday, October 21
- Part IV: Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting - Wednesday, November 4
- Part V: Cash Flow, MBS Prices, and IRLC Value - Thursday, November 12
- Purpose of Accounting
- Measurement & Meaningful Results
- The Mortgage Road: How it Works
- Mortgage Lending Process Flow: How it Fits Together
- Performance Metrics & KPIs
- Operational & Financial Risks
- Regulatory Framework: Alphabet Soup
- Servicing and Subservicing
- CFPB Bulletins: Capital Impairment Risk
- Operational Infrastructure: Systems that Work
- GAAP - Rules of the Road
- The Audit and your CPA
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
- Dr. Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
For Non-Members interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.