Mortgage Accounting Part V: Cash and Capital Preservation
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
This session will dive deeper into the advanced accounting topics impacting mortgage lenders, including IRLC valuation methodology, techniques for cash flow forecasting, and tax liability implications.
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
2:00-3:30 PM ET
- Part I: Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - Wednesday, October 14
- Part II: Loan Level Accounting - Wednesday, October 21
- Part III: Hedging For Accountants - Wednesday, November 4
- Part IV: Hedge Accounting and GAAP Reporting - Thursday, November 12
- Part V: Cash Flow, MBS Prices, and IRLC Value - Wednesday, November 18
- Benefits of Fair Value
- Derivative Asset Valuation
- GAAP foundation in support of Transformational Costs
- Direct vs Indirect Costs
- Best Practices of IRLC Transformational Costs
- Applicability of Absorption Costing to Cost to Complete
- FASB EITF ongoing commentary on IRLC
- Implication of FAS 5 and FAS 91
- Federal Tax impact from IRLC methodology
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
- Dr. Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
For Non-Members interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.