mPower presents: Mitigating Bias in your Leadership… and in your Life
|MBA Member Price||$0.00|
Thursday, September 3, 2020
2:00-3:00 PM ET
In a business where change and fast-paced responses are the norm, how do you know if your biases are influencing your decision-making process? How about those of your team?
Unconscious bias occurs when our brain uses mental associations that are so well established, they operate without our awareness, intention, or control. It is no surprise that these biases penetrate nearly every aspect of our lives and can have a critical effect on how we make decisions, as well as how we interact with colleagues, clients, family and friends.
Recognizing and interpreting our personal biases is a crucial foundation of thoughtful, compassionate leadership, and is key for making effective change.
- Recognizing the signs that bias might be at play (and what might be magnified during stress-filled times)
- Understanding how biases impact our decision-making processes
- Identifying our own patterns of beliefs and how they influence perceptions and actions
- Developing questions that will inform and enhance your critical thinking
- Creating a personal process for mitigating bias
Who Should Attend?
- Executive Leaders
- Senior Leaders
- Emerging Leaders
- Anyone who is interested in learning how to recognize when bias is in play and create a process to mitigate not only others bias but your own as well.
- Marcia M. Davies, Chief Operating Officer, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Shirley M. Clark, CLC, Managing Director, TransitionZ