Fundamentals of Mortgage Banking for Accounting & Finance Professionals: November 2021: Online
|MBA Member Price||$200.00|
Join MBA Education for a virtual workshop tailored specifically for accounting and finance professionals at residential mortgage lenders and servicers. This interactive discussion will help ensure attendees understand the current mortgage lending environment and the critical elements of the loan lifecycle. Once the foundation is set, industry experts will provide an update on where the industry stands after a tumultuous couple of years. In just a short period of time, standard business assumptions and processes have been completely disrupted and this will be your opportunity to bring clarity to everything that has transpired.
The second half of the workshop will be a conversation on the issues and potential hurdles facing mortgage companies in the coming months and how you can help support your organization. Attendees will be provided a list of what to keep in mind, but will also be asked to bring their questions and share with the others in the class the question of “what is keeping you up at night?”. Whether you are a conference attendee or not, this will be a great opportunity to network with your industry peers and gain key insights that pertain specifically to your line of work.
- Basics of the residential loan-lifecycle, key industry players, and how money is made
- The important role of accounting and finance professionals in the success of an organization
- The differences (and similarities) between depository and non-depository accounting departments and practices
- The unique issues facing lenders and servicers as a result of the pandemic
- Common problems encountered by attendees
- Workshop (Virtual)
- Dr. Andy Schell, PhD, CPA, CMBCEO, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Pat Taylor, Principal, New Directions Consulting Services
- Accounting and finance professionals at single-family lenders and servicers
- Financial analysts and accountants
- Internal and independent auditors
- Session 1: 10:00am ET to 11:00am ET
- Session 2: 11:15am ET to 12:15pm ET
- Lunch/Break: 12:15pm ET to 12:50pm ET
- Session 3: 12:50pm ET to 1:45pm ET
- Session 4: 2:00pm ET to 3:00pm ET
Special Pricing & Discounts:
If you are attending the Acconting & Financial Management Conference, this workshop is available for $50. Please email email@example.com for this discount.
For mPact members, use promo code MPACTVW100 to receive this workshop for $100.
For Education Pro and Premium subscribers, this workshop is complimentary with your subscription! Please email Anthony Siller to take advantage of this benefit. Contact Jeff Schummer to learn more about Education Advantage!