CRE Basics: Underwriting Multifamily and Valuation -May 2019
Wednesday, May 1st, 2018
Wednesday, May 8th, 2018
Wednesday, May 15th, 2018 - This session will take place over 90 minutes instead of the usual 60 minutes.
Wednesday, May 22nd, 2018
1:00 - 2:00 PM EST
The course is designed to introduce the underwriting process associated with the multifamily product. Beginning with an exploration of the capital sources available for multifamily financing and then moving through the underwriting and valuation process, participants will learn how underwriters determine if a particular property is an acceptable collateral to secure a prospective mortgage.
- The various financing vehicle available for multifamily financing, including conventional, GSE and FHA lending options
- Focus on conventional underwriting of an existing multifamily property introducing the basic steps taken in underwriting multifamily and can be applied to any type of multifamily underwriting
- Examine the borrowing entity and tenancy
- Review historical operating performance of an existing property
- Project future performance
- Determining the economic value of the property
- Learn how the physical condition affects underwriting
- Measures taken to ensure the property is maintained during the life of a loan
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Multifamily
- Lesson 2: Lease and Operating Statement Analysis
- Lesson 3: Multifamily Valuation
- Lesson 4: Multifamily Risks and Risk Mitigants
Who Should Attend?
- Junior analysts
- Loan closers
- Individuals seeking a career in commercial real estate
Instructor:All CRE Basics courses are facilitated by Gail Griffith, Associate Director, Commercial/Multifamily Education, MBA. Instructors will be announced closer to course start date.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.