CRE Basics: Underwriting Retail - September 2019
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Monday, September 23rd, 2019
Monday, September 30th, 2019
Monday, October 7th, 2019
1:00 - 2:30 PM EST
The course is designed to introduce the underwriting process associated with retail centers. Beginning with an exploration of the capital sources available for retail financing and then moving through the cash flow analysis and valuation process, participants will learn how underwriters determine if a particular property is an acceptable collateral to secure a prospective mortgage. The participant will also learn common retail risks and risk mitigants.
- Financing vehicles available for retail financing
- Focus on conventional underwriting of an existing retail property introducing the basic steps taken in underwriting retail
- Examine tenancy (credit and non-credit) including rollover risk
- Review historical operating performance of an existing property
- Project future performance
- Determine the economic value of the property using yield capitalization Examine a typical retail lease and the key clauses that are crucial during underwriting
- Examine how the physical condition affects the underwriting
- Common multifamily risks and risk mitigants
- Lesson 1: Retail Lending Platforms and Introduction to Retail Underwriting
- Lesson 2: Lease and Operating Statement Analysis
- Lesson 3: Economic Valuation and Physical Evaluation
- Lesson 4: Multifamily Risks and Risk Mitigants
Who Should Attend?
- Junior analysts
- Loan closers
- Individuals seeking a career in commercial real estate
All CRE Basics courses are facilitated by Gail Griffith, Associate Director, Commercial/Multifamily Education, MBA. Instructors will be announced closer to course start date.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.