CRE Basics:Prop Inspec/Environmental Concerns-August 2018
Wednesday, August 29th, 2018
Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
Wednesday, September 19th, 2018
Time: 1:00 - 2:30 PM EST
The course was designed to introduce the physical inspection process, the physical components of a commercial property as well as common environmental concerns that can affect commercial real estate. The course includes a discussion of the steps taken to ensure a sound and complete property inspection, why it is important to understand the subject property's market and understand how the property competes within the market. Problem areas of the physical asset, environmental hazards and possible mitigants for each are also discussed. The course also reviews the necessary components contained in a typical third party inspection report.
- Identify the steps to an inspection process and the components to a third party property condition report
- Learn the importance of the market on property performance
- Review the physical components of a property and typical problem areas
- Review the difference between the environmental assessment reports and common environmental hazards that can impact a property
- Recognize and identify underwriting risks related to property condition, design, environmental
- Learn how to establish cost and replacement reserves and escrows
- Lesson 1: The Inspection Process
- Lesson 2: Impact of the Market and Inspection on the Property
- Lesson 3: Environmental Concerns
- Lesson 4: Establishing Replacement Reserves
Who Should Attend?
- Junior analysts
- Loan closers
- Individuals seeking a career in commercial real estate
Instructors:All CRE Basics courses are facilitated by Gail Griffith, Associate Director, Commercial/Multifamily Education, MBA. Instructors will be announced closer to course start date.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.