MISMO XML Primer
- What is XML?
- What are the benefits of using XML?
- Differentiating mark-up and character data from data content
- Exploring XML elements (e.g., with data; empty elements; valid / invalid elements; parent / child elements)
- How to use XML attributes to describe data properties
- Understanding XML documents including root elements, the parent and child hierarchy, processing instructions and reserved characters
- Using XML namespaces to avoid element and attribute name conflicts
- Introduction to XML schema basics including structure, root element, predefined types, complex types, sequence and choice grouping, and attributes
- Using XPATH to find information in an XML document
- Discovering XML software tools and useful features
- Introduction to the MISMO version 3.3 Reference Model
- Walk-through of the MISMO version 3.3 XML schema
Who Should Attend?
Employees of lenders, servicers, service bureaus, service providers, government agencies, GSEs, LOS vendors, document companies, eServices, professional services firms, consultants and other vendors in the mortgage industry who are considering, planning, or developing a MISMO based data exchange, product or transformation project.
- This course will take place for 2 hours (from 1-3pm, ET) on Monday, November 26th and on Wednesday, November 28, 2018. On-line registration for MISMO XML Primer will close at 5pm ET on Friday, November 16, 2018. Participants must contact MBA Customer Service to register after this time.
- Requests for participant transfers must be received by Friday, November 16, 2018. Only registered participants are eligible to receive course credit and access on-line course materials.
Discount for MISMO Subscribers and Government Employees
Please note there is $200 discount for MISMO Members and government employees. Only these registrants may use the Promo Code "MISMOeducation" to redeem the discount.