School of Mortgage Servicing - October 2019
MBA Education's School of Mortgage Servicing (SOMS) is a hands-on instructor-guided online course is designed to present an overview of the basic servicing functions and the potential compliance risks of not applying appropriate processes. The course reviews the important correlations and interconnectivity between business units within the servicing organization and uses real life examples of issues that servicers are facing today.
The course also addresses principles and fundamentals for success, including strategies for building a servicing portfolio, building a customer base, successful vendor selection and management, and developing company policies and procedures. Regulatory requirements and the National Servicing Standards are also discussed.
Objectives:Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Describe the servicer's important role in mortgage banking
- Describe key concepts and principles related to escrow management and cash management
- Understand the importance of building and maintaining a performing asset- the servicing portfolio
- Assess financial, operational and natural disaster risks to the servicing organization and methods of mitigating those risks
- Better understand the CFPB focus on selection and management of vendors, especially those who interact with your clients
- Understand the critical role that effective quality control measures and regulatory compliance play in servicing
- Identify the functional areas and the role of the servicer in default management and risk mitigation
- Discuss and report on quality control and regulatory compliance measures
- Describe strategies for the development and deployment of effective processes and procedures for servicing
- Discuss the current regulatory environment and how the implementation of the new national servicing standards and the CFPB requirements has impacted servicing
Topics:The course describes principles and strategies of key servicing functions, including:
- Servicing Principles
- Escrow Administration
- Cash Management
- Building a Servicing Portfolio
- Building and Maintaining a Customer Base
- Investor Administration
- Vendor Selection and Management
- Quality Control
- NSS & Regulatory Compliance
- Policies and Procedures
- Financial Management
- Loss Mitigations
- Current Issues
Download the sample SOMS Course Outline to learn more about the program.
Who Should Attend?
- Servicing staff
- Front-line management
- Risk managers, analysts, auditors, quality control and compliance personnel
- 0-4 years of servicing experience
- Lead Instructor: Patricia Taylor, Managing Director, New Directions Consulting Services
- Other instructors TBA
Please note:MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.