Bank-Owned Mortgage Division: What Bankers Need to Know
This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Commercial and community banks often get frustrated by the volatility and cyclicality of mortgage banking. Many bankers struggle to understand the nature of mortgage banking in comparison with other types of commercial lending. This webinar will focus on helping bank executives understand some of the unique features of mortgage banking and how to properly assess the risk, productivity, and performance of their mortgage banking divisions. More importantly, we’ll tell you the key metrics that bank managers and mortgage division managers should track and discuss monthly to ensure good communication and to meet the bank’s objectives.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
Thursday, April 11th, 2019
Objectives:The following will be discussed at this webinar:
- Understanding some of the key risks of mortgage banking.
- Best practices for management reporting and monitoring.
- Monthly Metrics that bank executives should use to assess their mortgage company performance.
- Assessing compliance risks and making the decision whether to invest in or not invest in mortgage banking.
- Benchmarking bank-owned mortgage division performance against peers and best practitioners in the industry.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- Bank CEOs and CFOs
- Directors of Banks
- Mortgage division executives
- Banking industry analysts
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (February 27, 2019)
3. Warehouse Lending (March 14, 2019)
4. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (April 11, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (May 7, 2019)
6. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
7. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
8. Should you sell to a bank, go to work for a bank, or (let’s think big) buy a bank (August 21, 2019)
9. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (September 18, 2019)
10. End of the year webinar TBA
Call begins on April 11, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.