Bank Owned Mortgage Divisions: What Bankers Need to Know
This item is not available at this time. Please check back soon.
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
This webinar is part of MBA Education's Garrett, McAuley & Co. Mortgage Banking Management Webinar Series.
Depository banks and lenders often get frustrated by the volatility and cyclical trends of mortgage banking. Many bankers struggle to understand the nature of mortgage banking in comparison with other types of commercial lending. Join MBA Education and Garrett & McAuley for this timely and informative discussion to help bank executives understand some of the unique features of mortgage banking and how to properly assess risk, productivity, and performance of their mortgage banking divisions. More importantly, learn the key metrics that bank managers and mortgage division managers should not only track but discuss monthly in order to ensure good communication and meet the bank's objectives. Along with these key metrics, bank executives should be aware of performance ratios. Our subject matter experts have developed a set of key performance ratios that every senior management team should use as a diagnostic tool for their company.
Date:Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Time:2:00-3:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.Objectives and Topics:
- The key benefits and risks of mortgage banking
- How to manage through mortgage industry cyclicality and the appropriate ways to right-size the business in response to changes
- Loan Officer compensation strategies and appropriate commission levels
- Ensuring that the bank earns proper returns relative to the mortgage company managers
- Three key metrics that bank management must monitor to avoid secondary marketing risk
- Best practices for management reporting and accountability for performance
- Benchmarking bank-owned mortgage division performance against peers and top performers in the industry
- Monthly Metrics that bank executives should use to monitor and assess their mortgage company performance
- Assessing mortgage compliance risks and making the decision whether to invest in or not invest in mortgage banking
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Thomas O. Kelly, III, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Who Should Attend?
- Bank CEOs and CFOs
- Directors of Banks
- Mortgage division executives
- Banking industry analysts
- Heads of Production and Sales
Webinar is scheduled for Tuesday August 25, 2020 from 2:00 - 3:30 PM EST.
Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the webinar.
All attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and materials shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.