Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers
This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Let's face it, budgeting and financial planning may not be glamorous, and many mortgage bankers will say, "Tell me what rates will be, and I'll tell you how much money we'll make." But this isn't a viable approach to a dynamic and difficult industry, and the top-performing mortgage bankers would never take this same approach. This webinar will provide mortgage bankers with the reasons why establishing, tracking, and modifying an annual financial plan or budget is essential to success in the mortgage banking industry. It will also address why measuring financial and operational performance and benchmarking is important for all mortgage companies and mortgage divisions of banks and how the top-performing mortgage companies employ it to increase revenues, control costs, and minimize risk.
This webinar includes important new and updated material from last year's well-received webinar.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
Objectives:During this webinar, we'll address the following:
- Why setting goals and measuring financial performance and operational productivity goals is so important to success in the mortgage banking industry.
- How the top-performing companies use budgeting and financial planning to outperform the industry.
- The importance of financial planning as a management tool to increase a company's performance.
- The components required for forecasting production, cost to originate, and pricing margins, and gain on sale of mortgages.
- How to integrate the components of budgeting and forecasting into an effective financial plan.
- How the top performers use the financial planning process to monitor and adjust their businesses to react quickly to sharp changes in market condition.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- CEOs and CFOs of private mortgage companies and banks with mortgage divisions.
- Mortgage company managers for production, secondary marketing, and operations.
- Senior managers and Board members for publicly-traded mortgage companies.
- Warehouse lenders, private equity firms, and others who provide funding to mortgage bankers.
- Analysts who follow the publicly-traded mortgage companies and banks with large mortgage banking businesses.
- Private equity firms that invest in the mortgage banking or mortgage servicing sectors.
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now? (February 27, 2019)
3. Mortgage Bankers: Should You Join a Bank or Should You Buy One? (Tentative Date: March 14, 2019)
4. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (March 27, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (April 11, 2019)
6. Warehouse Lenders: Steps You Must Take in Today's Difficult Market (Tentative Date: May 7, 2019)
7. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
8. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
9. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (September 18, 2019)
10. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (October 16, 2019)
Call begins on October 16, 2019 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.