CE: A Deep Dive into RESPA Section 8
|Member Price||(Before ) $1.00||$1.00||(After ) $1.00|
|Non-Member Price||(Before ) $299.00||$299.00||(After ) $299.00|
Join MBA's Compliance Essentials program and legal experts for a close examination of the anti-kickback and fee splitting provisions of Section 8 of RESPA and the kinds of activity that may or may not violate the law. Our panelists will focus on the most-common exemptions in Section 8 that permit payments to be made in referral relationships, including cooperative brokerage payments, payments for actual goods and services provided, and affiliated business arrangements. In each of these areas, we will discuss regulatory guidance for compliance and provide practical tips in structuring arrangements to satisfy RESPA requirements. That includes structuring advertising and marketing arrangements and affiliated business arrangements to comply with Section 8.
Date:Thursday, January 16, 2020
Time:1:00-2:30 PM EST
This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
Objectives and Topics:
- Understand the kinds of conduct that is prohibited as a kickback under Section 8 of RESPA, as well as the kinds of arrangements that are permissible under the law
- Be able to identify the necessary components of a compliant advertising arrangement and affiliated business arrangement
- Take away practical Do's and Don'ts to ensure certain arrangements comply with Section 8 of RESPA
- Phil Schulman, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Holly Spencer Bunting, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
Who Should Attend?
- In-house and outside counsel
- Compliance professionals
- Quality Control staff
- Marketing professionals
Call begins on January 16, 2019 from 1:00 - 2:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.