CE: CCPA: Understanding Data Security & Privacy Regulations
The CCPA regulations will be proposed this fall, and it entitles every Golden State resident the right to opt out of collection of their personal data. Residents can also request a record of personal data that’s been collected and sold. They can request their data be deleted - including all paper records. CCPA covers any organization that does business in California. Stiff financial penalties for non-compliance are designed to ensure full cooperation from the estimated 500,000 affected businesses. Fines cap at $7,500 per person/account. Depending on the number of affected customers, the penalties can be significant.
Items of consideration:
1. Learn the regulations and how they will impact your business operations
2. How to assess your current situation
a. What channels does your organization touch?
b. Who has access and to what personal data elements?
c. What is being processed by whom, including third-party agreements?
4. Recognizing GLBA-related issues
5. The importance of readiness now
Discounts:This webinar is complimentary to MBA members. Please use the promo code WEBINAR upon checkout to receive this discount.
Thursday, August 1st, 2019
12:00-1:30 p.m. EST
Objectives:By attending, you will learn about:
- CCPA Compliance effective Jan 1, 2020
- Solution: Assessment for Day 1 readiness + Implementation for Day 2
- Case study
- Considerations: Technical, Governance, Competing Mortgage Data Retention Regulations, etc.
- Getting started/next steps
- Sheraz Syed, Regulatory Associate, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Erik Borgeson, Senior Director Consulting - NA Lending Portfolio, Cognizant
- Troy Danka, Director Compliance & Risk Consulting - NA Lending Portfolio, Cognizant
- Eric Hartter, Senior Manager Consulting - NA Lending Portfolio, Cognizant
- Sanford Shatz, Of Counsel, McGlinchey Stafford PLLC
Who Should Attend?
- Compliance, Risk and Modeling executives
- Data Management executives
- Technology stakeholders
Call begins on August 1st, 2019 from 12:00 - 1:30 pm EST.
Login instructions will be sent to paid attendees in advance of the webinar.
All paid attendees will receive a copy of the audio recording and PowerPoint deck at the conclusion of the webinar.